Saturday, June 25, 2005

Movie Review: What the Bleep Do We Know!?

As usual, I am a litte slow with getting to the cinema. In fact, as most often happens, I waited for this film to come out on DVD. But I was so delighted to finally get to see it.

What the Bleep Do We Know definitely poses more questions than answers. Through interviews, scientists and medical doctors grapped with some of the existential crisis-like questions that my friends and I first debated over in adolescence. Why are we here? Is there a God? Who am I? Am I my thoughts and emotions?

I was most fascinated by the references to Dr. Masaru Emoto's work proving the effects of thoughts and feelings on water. Go to that link and see it for yourself. When "love and gratitude" were written on a bottle of freezing water and spoken aloud, beautiful crystals were formed. But when "You Make Me Sick" was written and spoken, incomplete, asymmetrical patterns in dull colors emerged. Since our bodies are composed primarily of water, this seems to be further evidence of the mind-body connection.

I'd be curious to hear from others you have seen this movie. If you haven't seen it, check it out and tell me what you think.

No comments: