Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year!

I hope you're all out having fun. I'm working New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so make an extra champagne toast for me! :-)

Fortunately, not only do I like my job, but I have one of the most stunningly handsome patients this weekend. I don't know that I've ever viewed a dying man or woman on that level before. And it's so inappropriate. But it's kind of nice to have some eye candy as a treat since I'm working the holiday. Oh, he has some more life in him, so I'm not digging his grave yet or anything. Somehow that makes it seem less horrifying that I'm admiring his beauty so. His partner is also handsome, though he doesn't have the same dramatic elements to his features. I keep expecting his personality to be as vibrant as his good looks. But unfortunately, under the circumstances, I suppose that is more than one can expect. He is, not surprisingly, seeming a tad bit depressed to say the least. Hopefully we can get him out of the hospital soon. That is usually enough to cheer just about anyone up!

And may you all stay out of the hospital in 2005 as well! Speaking of... please drive safe tonight!

Happy New Year!

No comments: