Friday, October 01, 2004

Coping after a Loved One Takes Their Own Life

This subject came up in a comment to a previous post and I've been sitting on it a long time. Mostly because - I have no idea how one does this. I have been fortunate in that I've never experienced a loved one taking their own life. This is coming up finally, in part, because I came across a posting on this subject that was fascinating and has inspired me to actually try to use this "trackback" feature that so efficiently deleted all of my prior posts. :-) (That is a smirk, not a happy smile). On her Life... or Something Like It blog, Carrie posted about this blog Second-Hand Suicide, which was written by a widow whose husband committed suicide, shooting himself in front of her. I haven't read all of the postings, but from what I've read, it is a fascinating tale of her recovery from such a tragic and traumatizing experience - one that I cannot imagine surviving myself. The Widow (as she calls herself) is truly an inspiration in her buoyancy and her courage in sharing her story.

No comments: