Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Spiritual Beings Having a Human Experience

During dinner with a dear friend last night, I had been talking about how I was struggling to "find my spirituality." My friend told me, "You don't have to search so hard...

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

That quote was so perfect in the context of our conversation. I loved the line and wrote it down immediately. When I asked her whose words they were, she didn't know.

When I googled this quote, I was amused by the various different people whom have been given credit for these wise words. One site attributed this quote to someone named Sant Rajinder Singh. Another site gives credit to Ram Dass. Yet another site attributes this quote to someone named Jackie Small. The majority of sites give credit to a French theologian named Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. But who knows. I think it's a great quote, nonetheless.

No comments: